Dwelling Fire Insurance coverage can protect your Massachusetts rental property from fire damage and yourself from legal and personal liability.
With Dwelling Fire Insurance through A. James Lynch Insurance Agency, you can rent your property out with confidence.
Important points about Dwelling Fire Insurance
- Dwelling Fire Insurance policies cover houses and structures that are NOT occupied by the owner
- A Homeowners insurance policy will NOT cover damages to a home that the policy holder is not living in
- Dwelling Fire Insurance Policies, covers all fixed structures, such as the home itself, the foundation, cabinets, walls, counter tops, etc.
- Most Dwelling Fire Insurance policies DO NOT cover personal property because the policy holder is not an occupant of the home
- Dwelling fire policies can be written for other structures on the property such as sheds, unattached garages, barns, pagodas, greenhouses
- If a fire leaves your Rental Home Inhabitable, a Dwelling Fire Insurance policy could cover up to a year’s rent for the vacancy
- Dwelling Fire policies cover houses and structures for the specific hazard listed. That is the why it is known as “Named Peril” coverage.
- Can be used to cover clean up after a loss, like after a natural disaster.
- Usually pays the actual cash value for a loss, but can be upgraded to replacement cost coverage.
- Dwelling Fire policies can be written for other structures on the property, such as sheds, unattached garages, barns, pagodas, greenhouses, etc